View Single Post
Old 8 May 2023, 12:49 AM   #363
mobster600
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
My feeling is the demand for this watch will be very strong. There are alot of watch collectors who care less about value retention or price. There will be enough people with money to burn to make this watch hard to get. IWC already said this is an allocation only piece. So those who want it, will have to wait patiently. I dont see IWC discounting this watch unless demand is so weak that they need to.

I believe the Aqua dial is a start to some more unique dials to come. If IWC gets creative and makes some beautiful dials, this has the potential to be a hot watch. I never got the impression IWC makes watches to appease people. They have their own focus and creative elements. Its kinda like a take it or leave it mentality. The CEO said more models will be coming out, this was just the launch. So maybe some strap models will come at a more affordable price? Maybe some creative dials? Chronograph, or maybe a non-date. I am more optimistic to this watch. I think the next 6-12 months will be very interesting on where this goes.

Me personally, i have been wanting an integrated bracelet watch for sometime. I dont need something haughte horology, this Ingy fits my budget and taste. I think ill consider it when I see one IRL.
mobster600 is offline   Reply With Quote