View Single Post
Old 25 May 2019, 02:27 AM   #20
Vincent65
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubKing View Post
Starting from the far right is the most recent strap from phoenix which is darker, next to it is a strap from last years batch, the next one is the correct and original admiralty grey color that phoenix was shipping maybe around 5 years ago? You can see it is lighter than the other 2 straps to the right of it.

The nato on the far left is actually a real issued nato from 1968 that was issued with my RN-sm300 pictured above. the nato on the far left has seen some real action and is actually missing one of the keepers, but it is still in good shape. The harware still has the most of the plating intact as they didn't use stainless back then. The material on the far left vintage nato is so perfect. It's stiff like a phoenix nato only it's thicker as well and feels like it would last forever, it kinda has.. i wish phoenix would use that recipe for their straps going forward.
Nice comparison. The one on the left rules! Darker ones still nice tones, IMO. I like the blueish tint on some.