View Single Post
Old 26 September 2017, 01:23 PM   #12
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskmh View Post
I've seen people nit pick every single detail of a watch on CWC, on TRF, and in any other forum. There are going to be particular people anywhere you go. I personally think that CWC is a great community of watch enthusiasts. I know a lot of great folks on there.
I'm sure there are good people there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKBC View Post
Completely agree, show me a perfect forum where the birds and chirping and there is harmony through out the kingdom. Pick your forum from flashlights to watches and people are people. Personally all of my dealings with the members on CWC have been great and I have met some fantastic people. Sure not every deal is as smooth as silk but when does that ever happen?
I always had great experiences here except as I stated in my original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP. View Post
Sorry about your experiences Patrick.

I just want to chime in and say I've done close to a dozen deals on CWC and have only positive experiences. I have also met lots of members from CWC at Toronto meet ups that I haven't dealt with but wouldn't hesitate to do a transaction with. Sure I've ignored a few ludicrous lowball offers, but the people I've dealt with have been top notch and I'm glad to say many of them are now friends.

CWC is small and I'd hate if his thread throws everyone off. I also go by KevinP. on CWC and anyone here who would like a reference check about CWC members can message me directly. If I haven't dealt with them directly I can help connect you with someone who has.

Kevin
Only one person sharing an observation based on years of transactions not likely to throw any one off. Just a cautionary tale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
(facepalm)

I see a lot of people on TRF who are exactly as you describe. I hope you realize a lot of people are members on both boards, do they have different personalities when they deal on different forums?
Good question I'm not a member there. Do they obsess about polishing over there on CWC like a few CWC members do here? Do they resort to insults and threats like I have encountered here from CWC members? If not then the question is why do some behave like that here?