View Single Post
Old 5 October 2020, 05:40 AM   #301
Goose 104
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126622
Well I am pleased to report that I had a good experience with Jetco / JC-Station. As others have said they sent me QC photographs and timegrapher video. Delivery was very quick although I did get hit with the expected import taxes/duty (UPS into the UK). It was well packaged and the watch was pristine - absolutely brand new. They did go overboard with the stickers though which were not easy to remove! It came in the new Tudor box, with the new 2020 warranty card and manuals, hang tag etc.

My first impressions. Well I love the watch. The dial and gold in person is exactly what I was hoping. The OPs observations and pros/cons are very accurate and I agree with them.

The main surprise for me was how light it is, especially the bracelet. Coming from wearing larger more modern Tudor/Rolex watches I was surprised how light and almost toy like the bracelet felt. It rattles / jingles a fair bit with the hollow end links and pressed clasp which is not something I am used to. Having said that it feels great on the wrist and is comfortable and I forget I have it on. I have considered putting it on a leather strap or sourcing a Jubilee but for now I will keep it on its own bracelet and give it a fair run. Size wise, it has taken me a couple of days to adjust (7 inch flat wrist) but I don't think it looks bad at all - in fact I think it is keeping with the style of watch.

Other than the bracelet, the only other low points, as have been noted by others, are the lume (pretty poor) and the lack of AR on the cyclops. On my particular reference the date and day wheel is coloured gold to match and is therefore less legible that the other references which are in white, but I prefer the colour match and it doesnt bother me. One thing I did notice was the hour hand is slightly thicker than the minute hand and the lume application is also narrower- in the dark it is quite obvious but again it is part of the design of the piece and doesn't offend me. The movement seems very solid - gaining less than a second a day and I love the instant date+day change at midnight.

Overall it is a beautiful, slim and immensely wearable watch. I'm glad I have it and it has given me a renewed appreciation for Tudor. Coming at a time when the Tudor Royal (date and day complication but in 41) has just been released - I am glad more than ever that I went for the 76123 especially at an amazing price.

Pictures to follow.