Thread: Taking a hit
View Single Post
Old 16 October 2021, 06:12 AM   #13
Shadow Play
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissaw1010 View Post
If any of you have resold your Breitling how long did you hold onto it before deciding to take a loss? I purchase a new Galactic diamond mop 36 approx 6 months ago from my AD and it’s beautiful however since then I got a Rolex 36 Datejust mop that I decided will be my daily watch and have others for a my sporty watch.

I hate to hold onto a watch I prob won’t wear as much now. I got an offer from a popular online place that I’ve purchased from in the past (not sure if I’m allowed to mention who they are) that gave a consignment price which isn’t too bad and they take a 15% cut but I would still lose approx $2k which is a big hit in just a few months. Is it better to take the hit now and move on ?

I did submit it to Breitling on their website for a trade quote and the offer was so horrible. Just hate having a watch sit not bring worn….
Not exactly what you are asking but I thought I’d share my experience of purchasing a new Breitling (Avenger Seawolf)

I bought it on the bracelet and just couldn’t get used to it. I think the fact the bracelet is quite broad and doesn’t taper made it feel more uncomfortable somehow.

I decided to buy a Breitling rubber strap with the adjustable clasp. The clasp itself is brilliant and makes it super easy to get the exact fit but I just couldn’t get used to the rubber feeling on the wrist. At that point I thought about selling it but I wasn’t keen on taking the hit.

After several years of the watch mostly gathering dust I switched it back to the bracelet and now absolutely love wearing the watch. No discomfort at all. Gets equal wrist time with my Rolex Sea-Dweller and Sub.

A long winded story to say that although you may not particularly like wearing the watch just now, you may easily change your mind in the future.
Shadow Play is offline   Reply With Quote