Thread: Taking a hit
View Single Post
Old 23 October 2021, 08:27 AM   #14
train-time
"TRF" Member

Watch: All gone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwyankee View Post
I recently had a similar experience with Breitling. Purchased a brand new Navitimer because I always admired the brand and obviously the Navitimer is a classic.
After two months of wearing it only around the house, just did not "bond" with the watch.
I had already cut off the little Breitling tag and was past the thirty day return window and Breitling completely blew me off when I reached out to them with my sad story
I listed it on the BreitlingSource forum at a $500 discount and never got a single bite. Just dropped it another $500 and still nothing

What is the message here? "Drive it off the lot" and the value falls off precipitously?
Would that happen with an Omega or Tudor?
Is the message only buy pre-owned Breitling?

Has anybody facing this situation attempted to write a letter to a top executive at the company? If I were in charge of Breitling USA, I would be interested in knowing that the message is, "never buy new!"

Does anybody know how to get an email address for their top execs?

Tudor sport models do fairly well as do certain popular Omega models. Not full retail but nothing like Breitling.

I recently had the same experience with a rather popular Breitling model. Bought it BNIB at 35% off and didn't bond with so I reached out to one of the sellers that I have used in the past and the estimate was another 25% less which left it around 40% of retail. It's just like driving a new Cadillac off the lot!!

It's unlikely that there will be any more Breitlings in the future for me!
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote