Thread: Taking a hit
View Single Post
Old 25 November 2021, 04:37 AM   #26
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
This is another reason why Rolex, AP, Patek, and a few others dominate the market.

There is a perception (and a continually growing one) that watch brands (as a whole) that depreciate are essentially “junk”.

If it doesn’t hold value or appreciate in value, then it literally isn’t any good at all.

How can it possibly be top tier if it depreciates?

This is really an excellent thread. It truly illustrates market dynamics in terms of the impact value retention has.

Viewed as junk and rightfully so in some instances. Case in point my daughter received a Chanel 29mm black diamond diamond dial J12 last Christmas. 8 months later she broke up with her boyfriend and naturally wanted to sell the watch. 6K new and couldn’t give it away. Two places I buy from(one a substantial amount)didn’t want it at any price the third place offered 1k only cause I’m a good customer.
My daughters are now Rolex fans.

The new Top Time line seems to being well The Deus stilling over list and the new Capsule models all listed well above retail with the Mustang version selling well above retail in a matter of days of being listed on C24.

Just goes to show make a well designed watch and have production discipline and your watches retain value.

Operate like Omega and you can even destroy a legend like the Speedmaster!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tavli3 is offline   Reply With Quote