Thread: Hoa
View Single Post
Old 10 May 2019, 06:02 AM   #13
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratfisk View Post
This is INSANITY. I do not doubt the authenticity of your account, I find it hard to believe that there are human beings that run the HOA that are this asinine! My wife teaches at UCI & we're relocating to San Diego. Our new property will *not* be under the HOA. This is a horror story.
Properties are in Quail Hill. Great location but HOA is horrible. Part of the parking issue is that many of the condos have multiple generations of family members living together and it made street parking a nightmare. You also have those neighbors that walk around trying to report people to the HOA for every possible infraction like they have nothing better to do.

My wife mostly deals with the tenants and properties unless it gets really bad and she gets me involved. The last penalty they sent a letter that we never got and then fined us with additional penalties for not responding. They wouldn't even listen when we tried to explain we never got the original letter. I wanted to get a large bag full of pennies and dump it all over the floor of the next HOA board meeting to pay the fine.

I've thought about selling the condos more than a few times because of the HOA headaches but its easy to find tenants, rental rates and property values are going up so other then the headache of the HOAs they are a good investment.

UCI is an awesome school. I was born and raised in Irvine and went to Uni HS next to UCI. There are still pockets of great communities but the rise in population and high density living has led to some pretty ridiculous HOA rules.
singe89 is offline   Reply With Quote