View Single Post
Old 22 July 2019, 07:35 PM   #1
FWK
"TRF" Member

The updated dials on 1389 and 1305

I was/am just about to pull the trigger on a 1389 when I noticed that the watch on Panerais website shows two different dials. (See Picture 1 and 3)

https://www.panerai.com/be/en/collec...ic---47mm.html

From searching I can see, that Panerai apparently updated the dial to include two lines of blue text, removed the "Luminor" branding and moved the "Panerai" to the top (makes sense)

This makes the Pam 1389 and 1305 have the same dialdesign as all the other new Sumbersibles and to be honest I actually like the update.

To figure this out I really had to do some research. Its not really mentioned anywhere and I could just find a few posts. On Panerais website it still shows the old design on most pictures, and the few new pictures of the 1389 is easily confused with the 42mm 683 (Only the now white "Amagnetic" line gives it away).

My question is just if this was ever officially announced, when it started and if this is the only model shipping from the factory? My AD still only has the old dial version on display and never heard of this update. I had to show the pictures on instagram to believe me.

Even Panerais own consierge service (through their website) told me that the only updates the 1389 had over the years was the case back (on the first models it didn't have the logo with the torpedo and the two divers) When I informed the consierge about the dialchange, they went quiet...
FWK is offline   Reply With Quote