View Single Post
Old 17 September 2021, 04:32 AM   #22
Seddyspaghetti
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by edisonstar23 View Post
Congrats on your latest pick up. I also live in NYC. How did you manage to get it in only 6 months at retail? I'm in talks with local dealers in Manhasset-ANY TIPS?

I will greatly appreciate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwoomp View Post
Congratulations on an awesome new piece, especially on such a quick timeframe! You didn't have any purchase history with them?

I have the same question as edisonstar23: how did you manage to get it so quickly (or at all)? I stopped in to the NYC boutique back in 2019 to ask about a 15500ST (told them I was open to any color dial, with blue as top choice) and was basically told to get lost. At that time the non-blue dials were trading barely above MSRP (actually a bit less if you could avoid tax) so I ended up buying from a trusted seller instead. And of course it's a much tougher environment now. I know certainly today I would come across as a flipper asking for those models, but I figured that at the time, since there was barely any grey premium, it wouldn't be so bad. I'm not sure whether this helped or hurt, but I also intentionally wore my decently well-worn white dial 116500LN as a way of saying "look, I want to actually wear these, not put them in a safe or flip them".
Thanks guys. It was more like 7 months actually. No tips to give because I didn’t really do much but wait. But i did get my SA’s contact info so I texted them here and there following up on my interest. So if you don’t have their number I would try to get it so you can gently remind them every so often about your interest. But also i am not sure if they can do so much anyway because I think all interests are in the system and AP corporate decides who gets what. I was thinking maybe they advocated for me to AP corporate? No idea but i’m just glad I was able to get the call eventually. Btw I also wore my 116500 when I visited to register my interest! Good luck.
Seddyspaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote