View Single Post
Old 7 January 2020, 07:13 AM   #1
fogby
"TRF" Member

Purchase from AU_911tt - Nashville Watch

As I mentioned in a prior post, I was looking for a Submariner Date while on vacation in NYC. Didn't know of the market shortage or Rolex until I went into numerous AD's in NYC. So I went home and tried to get on the list at a couple of AD's with no real luck. Meaning one at least took my name, but neither really seemed interested. I decided then that my time was more valuable than driving around to AD's and buttering them up to be polite. That's not in my nature.

So I contacted Chase as he had an unworn watch that was exactly what I wanted. I traded in my 2014 Explorer. He was able to give me a valuation by looking at the photos. We agreed upon a price, he emailed me shipping labels (overnight FedEx), he received my watch the next day and shipped the Sub to me that same day, and I received the watch following day.

In the end, likely easier than even buying face to face with an AD. Yes, I paid a bit over MSRP. But I'm satisfied and that's all that matters. The amount I paid over MSRP was well worth not having to make those trips to AD's.

Oh yeah, the watch was advertised but I assumed that would be a given.
fogby is offline   Reply With Quote