View Single Post
Old 4 April 2020, 12:43 AM   #4954
LandWatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyxxx View Post
I believe we are wasting our time self isolating and all we are doing is prolonging this crisis though it may save lives - may being the operative word once all are tallied.

At the rate of infection it would seem we will need to isolate for several months or until a vaccine is found – this duration is not possible.

Already, after a couple of weeks, economies are badly damaged – we simply cannot go on indefinitely.

We are crippling our businesses and economies and the subsequent death toll (other from the virus) will already be enormous.

(I can't see any reason why my opinion or adding this to the discussion should violate forum rules?)
You may be right, but it would be a brave politician to proactively decide to go back to work and let it run it’s inevitable course.

The likelihood would be that many more people would die as the overwhelmed NHS could not cope. I think social acceptability and optics play a big part here as the impact would be immediate.

But, you’re right, the economic fallout will be significant ...

And, to a large extent I agree with you. I’m watching Sweden with interest ... as I’m sure other governments are!

Last edited by LandWatch; 4 April 2020 at 12:45 AM.. Reason: Clarity