View Single Post
Old 5 November 2017, 06:52 AM   #55
garyfromleeds
Banned

Watch: Deepsea D Blue
Wow ! Hard call you have there , it's a very very difficult choice and there both winners and you Carnt go wrong with either , but here's my verdict after owning 3 James Cameron's I love the watch , then hate the watch hence I let it go then buy another ! The dial is a masterpiece ! total genius by Rolex .
Sadly the watch case at 44mm is nothing like the 43mm on the new seadweller the 44mm Deepsea wears much larger than its size unlike the 43mm new seadweller which wears smaller than its 43mm size .

Also the James Cameron watch sits far too high on the wrist and I was always aware of the chance of hitting it on door frames etc its just not a practical watch for everyday for me , that being said I also think Rolex have let the run of James Cameron's continue far too long and flooded the market with them , a 2 year production run say 1000 pieces no more would have made them extra special .

I currently own a 43mm anniversary seadweller and when it came out at Basel I thought what a monster ! A cyclops on a seadweller ! Then over time it began to grow on me , then I saw it in person ! It's good , OK very very good In fact almost total perfection ! It's a big special submariner ! Would I swap it for a Deepsea ? Never ! If I could change one thing about the watch I would put the Deepsea blue dial into the new seadweller , if only ?
garyfromleeds is offline   Reply With Quote