View Single Post
Old 22 February 2015, 03:00 PM   #50
LunetteVerde
"TRF" Member

Watch: me @ Instagram
when patina is too good to be true

Yup, the maxim of buying the seller is outdated as i've been long enough to see a few "loved" sellers gone rogue :-( To err is human ?

I've no dog in this ring but it pays to do your own homework & put less weightage on buying blindly just bcoz its the seller IMO

"caveat emptor applies!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueueCumber View Post
I've never bought a piece sold by the seller in question, so I really can't share my own experiences with his pieces, but aren't many of the things being stated in this thread considered slander and libel?

Is there any proof of the things being stated?

I think "buy the seller" is a potentially dangerous philosophy if followed blindly. Even the BEST sellers make mistakes, so one should ALWAYS have a few independent non-dealer experts, who are not affiliated with the dealer at all, look at the pieces they are contemplating as a purchase. This avoids conflicts of interest with other dealer experts, who may disparage a piece inappropriately because they are looking to sell you a similar piece or don't like the competition, and it also avoids the problem of being given advice by people that may want to stick up for dealers or friends in their cohort even when a piece is less than adequate.

♛lunetteverde@Instagram♛
LunetteVerde is offline   Reply With Quote