Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieMae View Post
Let me elaborate...

No one is saying the seller:

Doesnt sell genuine watches
Isn't honest or professional
Uses any parts that arent 100% authentic

What has to be considered is that the percentage of watches with cases that are unpolished and with perfect chamfers is extremely small. I would say that the numbers are less than 1% (my estimate). As time goes on and these watches get older and older, the numbers will continue to decrease.

He does not state that the cases are refinished, which in my opinion they are 100%. If he disclosed this then we wouldnt be having a discussion about the cases. The dials are another matter..

DIALS: I would say there are hundreds of shades of patina from bright white all the way to dark brown. To see the same color lume on the majority of watches from the same seller is unusual. This has been going on for YEARS and on literally hundreds of watches.

This is not possible. There isnt magic air, humidity or sunlight in Hong Kong that changes lume to mystical orange unlike anywhere else on earth. May I also note that all of the hands also magically match which is also impossible on every watch.

I am not here to tell anyone to buy or not to buy from this seller. All I am here to disclose are the facts surrounding his watches and the odds of an orange plot dial, matching hands, on an unpolished case with perfect chamfers is infinitely small. To be able to source hundreds of them...well you come to your own conclusions.
That is well said.