Jimihendrix
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Dethroning the king?

What do you think about the conclusion part of the article from Ashton Tracy
Thank you for the perfect article
I am still in dilemma :)

Conclusion
Now we’re in overtime: it’s 2 – 2. So, after examining in some depth the two calibres, who comes out on top? There is no denying the 3235 is a beautiful, aesthetically pleasing piece of horology. Rolex have done well and should be proud. Anyone purchasing a watch equipped with said movement will have made a wise choice and they can be proud of the motor under the bonnet. The advances in the 3235 are in line with the horological landscape today, which makes use of modern manufacturing techniques to achieve advances in escapement engineering, materials that are lighter, more anti-magnetic and more efficient. But where does it stand next to its big brother? Is he faster, stronger, more intelligent and better looking? Well, he is better looking. I would even say he’s faster, but when it comes to strength and intelligence the 3135 takes it every time. Even though the score was 2 – 2, in my opinion the 3135 still comes out on top. It’s long-lasting, it’s proven and it can be repaired for decades to come even if parts supply is discontinued. It doesn’t require excessive replacement of costly parts, which makes it watchmaker- friendly and customer-friendly.
The 3235 is a great movement, there is no denying that. But its speed and looks can’t compare with the strength and intelligence of its older brother. Strength and intelligence are the qualities of a great king, thus the 3135 reigns supreme.

Last edited by Jimihendrix; 2 September 2019 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: Minor corrections
Jimihendrix is offline   Reply With Quote