View Single Post
Old 3 March 2020, 09:54 PM   #759
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
See this article for a summary of the confusion.

https://khn.org/news/fact-check-coro...ortality-rate/

Most often cited flu rate is 0.1%, or one tenth of 1%. Most often cited rate for CV is 2%. And yes that is a 20x increase.

Part of the problem is misspeaks - the acting Sec of Homeland Security mistakenly stated that the rate was the same for flu and CV. And this misstatement has been repeated by government officials and the media.

But there are no sources to back up this misspeak. And DHS and CDC have admitted that it was incorrect.

The other problem is that at this point no one really knows the CV mortality rate.

Reports of CV rates in Wuhan have ranged from 2 - 4%. In the rest of China, .7 to, more recently .9%.

But are these numbers accurate? Has China been under or over reporting infection rate? And how has this has affected the mortality rate? Short answer is that no one knows.
I agree with you. Everything I’ve read says no one knows. Still though every news agency I have watched and read slings out these numbers like it’s nothing. I’ll stand by what I said many pages ago that because of them doing this they are the cause of most of the panic. Thank you for the links.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250