View Single Post
Old 16 March 2020, 10:27 PM   #2194
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post

In my opinion we are definitely in a day and age of overreaction in general. We see it with all kinds of other situations. Whether the media, the government and the population are overreacting in this situation we will be finding out shortly. I pray we are because the predictions are too terrible to contemplate.

I lean in that direction - varying degrees of overreaction. If any officials are stimulating it, I believe that is out of an abundance of caution.

In past disaster situations, motivating large populations to take the recommended actions has been met with low levels of compliance. It seems very dire messaging improves compliance.

Anyone in Hurricane zones know what I mean.

On the possible higher death rates some are predicting, we should recall our own rising death rate over the past 3 years. Currently, on any given day, 7298 people die in the US from all causes - or in the time I took to type this, 15 people expired.

https://www.macrotrends.net/countrie...tes/death-rate

Sad fact - but I hope the current hyper-efforts in messaging about coronavirus can keep any increases to as low a number as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?