View Single Post
Old 5 April 2020, 10:56 PM   #5263
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Very well expressed Bret. I agree with some of what you say. I understand this is a very serious situation, and I am taking appropriate measures, (staying at home, washing my hands etc. ) but I am of the personal belief that the outcome will not be nearly as horrible as a lot of people on here seem to try and make us accept. Yes, it is bad, and yes, we all have to make adjustments, but call me an optimist, I believe we will not achieve the 250,000 deaths some forecast for this virus nor that the four horses of the apocalypse are on their way. I have no medical training to back this up, just a belief that while this is a bad illness, we will persevere. I have fought in a war. I have seen the terrible things and the good things humans can do. I just believe we can and will over-come this.

I think all of us, even those that express a terrible outcome, should be hoping (praying) I am right.
But isn’t the current plan supposed to try to minimize the number of deaths? If we end up at far less than 250000 deaths shouldn’t that be viewed as the measures in place worked?

I think the government is in a damned if they do / damned if they don’t position.