View Single Post
Old 4 December 2020, 02:19 AM   #60
zruvalcaba
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james272 View Post
Well I hasten to add:use a cc , Amx for payment. I don’t care if the seller is the Pope! If at all the scams or even inadvertent sellers making a mistake this one rule will solve virtually all problems . I had a very well known seller on a $50,000 plus’s timepiece “forget” to send me an extra back piece that was supposed to part of complete kit. He said “well I will TRY to get it for you from person I bought piece from - it will take a couple weeks” I told him I wanted it wi 2 days or I would dispute w AMX $6000 of the charge to make up for the missing solid gold back. An amazing thing happened- he got it to me overnight! Had I stupidly sent a wire, I have no doubt the story would have been different.Innocent mistake? Maybe ,but my protection was assured whether I “bought” the seller or not. Do what you want but for me it’s AMX for payment even if seller insists on my paying the discount. I am not sending a box of irretrievable cash (a wire) to any stranger. Period. If it is an individual pp with AMX is the answer for me. If they say nope , simple- I will find another seller- there’s plenty who will.You must protect yourself! James in San Antonio Tx
Great tip James and well received, thanks for sharing.