View Single Post
Old 28 February 2020, 10:12 PM   #17
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPMN View Post
Does the watch thinner on the bracelet than it does on the strap? I've noticed most watches do. I tried the blue on in a store and absolutely love everything about the dial, my only concern is the thickness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterBakke View Post
Interested in this too. Tried it on on the blue leather, but was initially not fond of the case thickness. But I really like the appearance of the dial!
I would say the watch does seem to wear a little thinner on the bracelet. Maybe the bracelet just disquises the thickness a little better? I know when I wear it with a dress shirt, the cuff slides over the watch easier on the bracelet than the strap. On the strap it seems more likely to "snag" the cuff if that makes sense.

But overall the thickness doesn't bother me one bit. I know a lot is made about how thick it is but I prefer chunkier watches. A watch like this with three subdials, seconds, minutes and hours chrono, a date feature, and of course the moon phase is gonna need to be a larger watch. Proportionally the thickness fits the diameter in my opinion. What I don't like in other watches in when the watch is tall vs it's width. Like the old Sea Dweller sat high off the wrist but was only 40 mm wide. With this watch the height seems to fit the overall size. But again, I like bigger watches so maybe I'm not the best one to ask. I like it to have a little heft and presence. It's a beautiful watch with a strong personality like all the coaxial moonwatches.

I would say that unless you plan to wear this watch with dress shirts most of the time, don't let the thickness keep you from buying this watch. In the end I think you will prefer the larger size.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote