View Single Post
Old 2 March 2020, 12:33 AM   #5
SPMN
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
I’m the same with the speedy. When I see one out and about it looks great. But the few times I went to buy one I walked out with either a Tudor or an Omega. I do respect the history. It’s an amazing watch. It’s just not for me. I prefer a better depth rating I guess. And I like a screw down crown.

Now the white dial racing is another story. I really like it a lot. I have handled them a few times at the AD. Amazing quality. Excellent bracelet. The quality of the racing blows away that of my Daytona. In fact I feel bad for people that buy the Daytona at $24,000 and haven’t considered the omega.
Same. I've tried to buy the Speedy twice and have ended up with two Tudors instead. I originally was looking at the black/orange racing, but went to an AD late yesterday afternoon and really looked hard at the white. Just a gorgeous dial. I really like the texture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCheeta View Post
I love my old Speedy pro, but mostly for nostalgic reasons, and comfort reasons (it’s really thin and light compared to the racing and moonphase models you mentioned).

Don’t fall for that overused phrase “every collection needs a Speedmaster.” Every collection needs ONLY the watches that you absolutely love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
No issues with a watch that does not work for you. There are so many out there that will, just focus on them. I own a Speedmaster Racing and much prefer it to the Professional. Just a preference not a statement on quality or anything else. Go get what you like and enjoy the watch.
I appreciate the responses. I slept on it, and I'm definitely getting one of the two racing models. With the new movement, it's actually a bit thinner than the Professional, and my favorite feature of the Tudor GMT is the jumping hours feature. It makes traveling a breeze. I love that the Racing offers that as well.

Now it's just time to decide on White/Black and post an incoming!
SPMN is offline   Reply With Quote