View Single Post
Old 2 March 2020, 10:02 PM   #21
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalako View Post
I bought mine in the January sales and I think it’s an incredible piece, if there is one extra complication that is perfect on the legendary Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch then surely it has to be a Moonphase, what makes this so impressive is the photorealistic image of the Moon on a metal disc that is so incredibly detailed it shows the Moons craters and valleys as well as the footprint of Buzz Aldrin, (obviously not to scale of course) there really is IMHO no other Moonphase watch out there that comes close. When you combine that with a METAS movement, Liquid Metal Bezel and a watch that is anti magnetic to 15,000 gauss it actually surprises me why this watch isn’t more popular. Another great feature seldom mentioned is the fact that normally Moonphase watches have poor water resistance as the Moon and date are normally controlled with vulnerable pushers on the side of the case, with this model it’s controlled by the crown and therefore has 100m water resistance. The Moonphase function itself is accurate for up to 10 years. When you consider the above and the fact that the dial is absolutely stunning I do wonder why folks pay so much more for other Speedmaster models which don’t come close.
Agree with everything you said there. Totally love mind over a month later. Can't bare to take it off. When you consider the features they have packed into this watch and that amazing dial there's very little not to like. As for why you don't see more of them around I think it has to do with the price more than anything. Although it's not a bad price for what this watch brings to the table, >$10K is a lot of money for an Omega considering all the lower priced SS watches they sell. It's worth it in my opinion, but it does limit its appeal.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote