View Single Post
Old 15 April 2017, 05:09 AM   #29
Cryten
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy View Post
Yeah I get it. The point here is I don't need it for Rolex at all, prefer the bracelets on Rolex. It is for Omega, Tudor and other cheaper watches. I just wanted 1 which covers all the generic brands too instead just 1 high-end brand. I understand that Bergeon 7825 is best tool but works mostly for Rolex, so looking for Bergeon 6825 and Horofix is the same version of 6825.
I'd get the 6825 then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post
If you tape the lugs on a watch there shouldn't be any issues. And breaking a tip on tool does not gouge the case on it. The tip will be on the inside of the lug against the bracelet. So I am not sure where case gouging comes into play.

And Bergegon tools are not the best tools made.

If you need to tape the lugs when using springbar pliers then you aren't using them properly. I didn't specifically mention the case, as a broken tip will most likely scratch the endlink or bracelet but the case is also at risk as you'd lose your grip. Why risk it?

I've used Bergeon for years and have never had a broken tip, but I'm always happy to hear about other quality tools. What would you suggest?
Cryten is offline   Reply With Quote