View Single Post
Old 12 February 2019, 03:00 AM   #201
Frits1980
"TRF" Member

Tudor Black Bay:
To thick and the 41 size kind of ruins the vintage appeal. Also having a 20 watch collection incl subs makes it hard to give the black bay a place and purpose. Flipping will not make a dent so i will try putting it on a rubber strap and make it my beach/pool watch.

Breguet Marine Big Date:
Beautiful watch in pictures and off the wrist. However on the wrist it just looks a bit weird with those lugs. The rubber strap flares out which is something i realy dislike. I have put it on a OEM leather strap which improved the look but now makes it a difficult watch to pair. To dressy for casual and to sporty for formal. Stunning watch do and a steel buying it used.

Royal Oak 15450:
Was torn between the 15400 and the 15450 ('7+ wrist). Read some post saying the 15450 wears like a pre-ceramic sub which is a perfect size for me so i got it. Damn thing wears smaller then a DJ 36. The tiny dial is the issue and not the 37mm case. In the mirror it looks like im wearing my wifes watch. I still have to flip this one. Bought the 15400 couple months later. Buy the 15450 only if you have (small) '6 wrists. Pics closeup are deceiving with this one. The 15450 wears small and a lot smaller then a pre-sub

Blancpain Bathyscape:
Fantastic movement and something different then a Rolex Sub. But 43mm with that large dial makes the Bathy look cheap sometimes. Cant get over the fashion watch similarities. Would have been one of my favorites do if they made it in 40/41mm
Frits1980 is offline   Reply With Quote