View Single Post
Old 1 August 2019, 08:49 AM   #45
oysterquartz17000
Banned

Watch: Submariner 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchbowl View Post
Agree, I wouldn’t use his services again.

I took my 16710 to him to get the lugs rebuilt.

I got a quote from him for 580 USD and it would take approx 3-4 weeks but when I took my watch to him this changed to approximately 1250 USD and around 6 months. They said it would look brand new so I thought ok. I asked if they could post the watch back to me and they said they could FedEx it me.

I got an email 6 weeks later saying my watch was ready so I asked if they could post it back to me. Then they tell me they can send it via the post but only insured up to $6000 or FedEx it with no insurance which should have been explained to me when I dropped the watch off.

I still can’t understand how they don’t have proper insurance in place. I ended up having to arrange my own insurance though Inforsure.

I finally got my watch back and there is still a slight curve on the inner part of the lugs which should have been fully built up.

Yes the watch looks a lot better than it did but when I’m told it will look like it just left the factory then that’s what I expect.

Has anyone used MY, Rolliworks and LAWW? And who delivered the rest results?

I will post some after photos of the bracelet. I also had another bracelet restored for another Sub I own. He was pretty good, the turn around was six weeks, but I would be skeptical if it was returned sooner. At least I know he is thorough. He found all those cracked links that I was completely unaware of.

I guess my only gripe is the cost after the quote. Replacement end pieces to links cost $100USD each and thats it, you have to pay it if you want your bracelet back. So for two bracelets and the case back I ended up paying $500 more than I was quoted initially.
oysterquartz17000 is offline   Reply With Quote