View Single Post
Old 19 January 2019, 09:18 AM   #1
6CAB5N
"TRF" Member

Need recommendations: bombproof, no leaks, thicker (and not super hard) grip, and a s

I might be hunting for a unicorn here, but I’m hoping someone here can steer me in the right direction.

I’d like a pen that:

• Has a bit of a thicker grip. But, there’s a but... finding something comfortable is a bit of a problem for me. I’m missing part of my index finger, so that when I grip a pen, it’s mostly in contact with bone. So smooth, hard surfaces hurt like hell after some use. I’ve had good luck with textured barrels, better luck with non-round pens (e.g hexagonal), and the best luck with coated or soft barrels, which I assume won’t be found on a “nice” pen

• Absolutely will not leak - my briefcase cost more than my first car (and my first Omega, now that I think about it). I think this entirely rules out fountain pens.

• Has panache? Maybe that sounds obnoxious, how about: Suitable for a senior tech professional who still uses paper and meets with all sorts (literal scientists, design professionals, engineers, and business minded folk) It doesn’t have to be buttoned-up conservative at all given what I do, but I’d really like something “nice”.

I really appreciate any suggestions folks here might have. So, thanks in advance.
6CAB5N is offline   Reply With Quote