Thread: Paul Thorpe
View Single Post
Old 30 July 2019, 06:37 AM   #28
R G
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrikus View Post
So if anyone goes to WikiWatchLeaks, you will see it confirmed that Jamie Thorpe (the convicted watch fraudster) is in fact Paul Thorpe's son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZD4qUBuqVY

The fact that this conviction fits in with when Paul departed YouTube may or may not be a coincidence (Paul clearly cites the robberies he endured as the reason).

As Paul Thorpe says in his statement, he is not responsible for the actions of a "relative". However, and I say this as someone who has found his return to YouTube to be refreshing and his videos to be very helpful, I am slightly surprised that he chose to use the word "relative" throughout, rather than son, denoting further distance from him as would be the case. Who refers to their son as a "relative"?!

I also think Paul Thorpe has to be realistic: basing much of his content on being an honest ex-dealer seeking to help us buyers out there, he should not be surprised that people will find it odd that his own son is a convicted watch fraudster. This weekend alone I have been the victim of two attempts at watch fraud, and believe you me, I have no time whatsoever for people like that.

I will remain open minded about Paul Thorpe, but I think he can expect more and more scrutiny as he seeks to build a YouTube and podcast presence that generates an income for him.

I wasn’t aware of any of this. Just searched and the internet has so many references of this story about his ‘relative’.

Thats not ideal.
R G is offline   Reply With Quote