View Single Post
Old 1 March 2018, 11:28 AM   #55
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Sensui,

I just read his unwarranted attack on you. For those who don't know Sensui, he is not the kind of guy who follows the herd. He likes the Nautilus because of its aesthetics and history.

It is really uncool to attack someone you don't even know. Uncool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
Since you're genuinely interested, I will try to respond. Ultimately I buy/wear watches I like. I don't post here often because I'm not a seasoned Patek collector like some of you, but am trying to get introduced to the brand via a Nautilus. After significantly collecting both Rolex and Omega on the modern and vintage side for awhile, I'm honestly at a point where there isn't much I want from either brands and that's the reason for the want to venture. So far, the price point for the product, AD treatment, and the way the brand positions entry watches already discourages me somewhat. On top of this, I am a huge fan of almost all genres of music for a lifetime now and reflects in my HIFI hobbies.....and I try to keep an open mind always about music but there are many reasons why I despise a lot of current "hip hop".....looking quickly at these "artists" seem to tick these boxes quite easily....so yeah, for me it's not exactly making me jump for joy associating them with the brand.

I'm not trying to attack your or anyone's preference in watches, musical tastes etc.....and I usually could care less/don't comment on things I dislike, but "hip hop" like this gets under my skin in the worst way and gets me upset as a parent of a generation that mainstreams this as "popular."
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote