View Single Post
Old 2 September 2020, 03:24 AM   #1
jamesthejeweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: PLATONA
Incoming ** Cermit & Bart Simpson OP

I hate to bring this news, but I visited my AD this morning and my Cermit will be with me this Saturday the 5th along with a Bart Simpson (yellow) OP 41mm.

This is not a flex, I'm just a good Rolex customer (much to the wife's despair), but I'd like to share my thoughts, firstly I never buy from greys, I can't bring myself to support that industry for NEW/CURRENT pieces, vintage watches from greys is fine by me, but new stuff...a BIG NO. For that reason I've never owned a Kermit or a Hulk, I was just unable to get one, and at the time when Kermits were hard sells by the ADs, I wasn't in to them so much, so blagging the new Cermit fresh from my AD has made my day.

Secondly, once upon a time I had a 1972 Bart Simpson (at the time it was called a 'taxi cab' yellow) Stella day date in YG on full presi bracelet with box & papers back in 2000, I sold it for more than I bought it for a few years later in 2002 but still in the very low five digit teens (£)...I had to watch this exact watch trade through both Christies and Phillips for mid six figures in recent years and it pains me, and for that reason I've gone for a the Yellow OP 41mm to recapture this lost love.

Pictures to follow as soon as I have them in hand.

I look forward to reading many more incomings, I hope that there will be a new epoch in Rolex availability with these new subs, one can only hope!

J-T-J
jamesthejeweller is offline   Reply With Quote