View Single Post
Old 2 September 2020, 07:22 AM   #42
Plebs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesthejeweller View Post
I hate to bring this news, but I visited my AD this morning and my Cermit will be with me this Saturday the 5th along with a Bart Simpson (yellow) OP 41mm.

This is not a flex, I'm just a good Rolex customer (much to the wife's despair), but I'd like to share my thoughts, firstly I never buy from greys, I can't bring myself to support that industry for NEW/CURRENT pieces, vintage watches from greys is fine by me, but new stuff...a BIG NO. For that reason I've never owned a Kermit or a Hulk, I was just unable to get one, and at the time when Kermits were hard sells by the ADs, I wasn't in to them so much, so blagging the new Cermit fresh from my AD has made my day.

Secondly, once upon a time I had a 1972 Bart Simpson (at the time it was called a 'taxi cab' yellow) Stella day date in YG on full presi bracelet with box & papers back in 2000, I sold it for more than I bought it for a few years later in 2002 but still in the very low five digit teens (£)...I had to watch this exact watch trade through both Christies and Phillips for mid six figures in recent years and it pains me, and for that reason I've gone for a the Yellow OP 41mm to recapture this lost love.

Pictures to follow as soon as I have them in hand.

I look forward to reading many more incomings, I hope that there will be a new epoch in Rolex availability with these new subs, one can only hope!

Wow, congrats seems you will be the first incoming! Can’t wait to see some wrist shots, Nice collection btw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Plebs is offline   Reply With Quote