View Single Post
Old 23 July 2019, 01:51 AM   #6
FWK
"TRF" Member

Well I was actually getting used to the old dial because that’s what I’ve been trying on at the AD. So this kind of threw me off. But after giving it some thought it’s really not that different and it looks nice that “ Panerai” was moved to the top of the dial.

It’s also nice with the extra blue text will match the dark blue OEM rubber I’m planning on getting. The only thing I dislike is that the “Amagnetic” changed colour. On one hand it’s nice that it matches the rest of the text. But I also liked it being in subtle grey letters. Like a hidden feature. Actually they should just hide it all together and just write it on the back along with “automatic” but that’s just my OCD.

I will rock it with joy either way on my skinny 6,something wrist.

But was there ever a press release or an official notice about this change, even a little mention in an interview? Even the dealers (and Panerais own concierge) didn’t know. When you see someone post a rare picture on Instagram of this model and claim it’s a 1389 - the comments are filled with people claiming the person is confusing it with the 683.

My dealer doesn’t even know if he will get the new dial version if he orders a new one. Maybe the factory still has a bunch of old models to push out.

How was the hands changed? I can’t see any difference?
FWK is offline   Reply With Quote