View Single Post
Old 26 August 2019, 01:55 AM   #33
teck21
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxfordian View Post
Can you clarify this statement please, I am looking for my first Rolex and have asked to be added to the waiting list for a DJ41 in SS which I am advised that I have been. The AD states around 3 months for the watch to come through, am I wasting my time?

Problem is all Rolex ADs are different. It seems that there’re some where being on a list means something, and others where it’s nothing but an in-house joke.

My AD has no waiting list whatsoever. You’re a VIP, or you’re not. There are even different VIP tiers. Some require you bundle, albeit rather modestly, and of course there is that top tier in which ‘your wish is my command’.

It is game you can choose to play, or not play.

If nothing else, this AD you have spoken with has told you ‘3 months’, so you can hold them to it.

Of course they have no legal obligation to supply you with whatever you desire, regardless of what they told you.

So basically, everybody’s experience is different simply because Rolex allows massive leeway in how ADs allocate their watches provided they adhere to the most important and non-negotiable ‘guidelines’, the main one which appears to be:

Everybody individual watch to be sold at MSRP (or maximum allowable discount off MSRP) but no real restriction on insisting on relationships or bundling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
teck21 is offline   Reply With Quote