View Single Post
Old 14 December 2020, 02:01 AM   #47
sgfortino
"TRF" Member

Watch: Nerd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post
So many people comment on the size of the 15450 without having seen or worn one.

I think the size is perfect for a 6.5” wrist. I have a blue dial and a silver dial, and they are stunning. My wife tends to wear the silver dial as i prefer the blue. And before anyone says that my wife wearing the silver dial proves that it’s a ladies watch, she also wears a Daytona.

I’ve also had it suggested that i promote the 15450 because i can’t get/afford one of the bigger models! But i also have a 15300, a 15710, and a 26480 so that puts that theory to bed.

If you are a chap with low self esteem and a need to prove your manliness with a large watch, avoid the 15450. If however your good with yourself, the 15450 is perfect for a 6.5” wrist.

In terms of value, hard to say. But the 15450 has enjoyed a meteoric rise in the time I’ve had mine. The blue in particular is now worth twice what i paid for it.

I’m also a Daytona fan and have a 116519, and also bought my wife one, so you won’t find me being critical of you choose that over the AP. But, personally, I find AP to be so much more special.

Some reference pictures to help. I have a 6.5” wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Couldn’t agree with this more! While certainly not for every wrist size, the 15450 is definitely not a ladies watch. It wears much bigger and is comparable in lug to lug size with the D500. Anyone suggesting otherwise simply is incorrect. But my wrist is just a hair over 6”.

Like you, I have the blue 15450 and 116519 (and white D500 as well) and certainly don’t feel the 15450 is too small in comparison. I do, however, find myself wearing the 116519 a lot more...it’s almost my “one watch to rule them all” with its versatility.

Beautiful pics by the way.
sgfortino is offline   Reply With Quote