View Single Post
Old 17 December 2020, 03:51 AM   #49
drummer_boy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsukaze View Post
My 30th birthday is incoming, so time for another watch incoming!

The budget for this special occasion is about EUR 22k and the two main contenders are:
- The AP RO 15450st (37mm) silver dial, which I can get at retail from an AD (non-boutique) in the EU; and
- The Rolex 116520 Daytona (steel bezel) with black dial.

I like both watches and would eventually want both in the collection. Due to my smaller wrist I can't swing a larger RO. I also prefer the steel bezel Daytona to the newer ceramic model.

My current collection comprises of a few Rolexes (Hulk, 14060m Submariner and 15200 Date), a Speedmaster and a Tudor BB Harrods (which indeed wears a tad large).

Which of the two options do you prefer? Which would be a better fit with the current collection? Any other suggestions are also welcome!

While I understand that focusing on the "investment" angle of the hobby is seen as a faux pas here, your views on what may perform better in the next few years would also be well appreciated.

Many Thanks!

Hey there, got inspired by your post. Interestingly, have the same dilemma as AP AD in just called me and they have the 15450 in silver/white dial. Knowing your current collection which quite similar to mine. I’ve considered getting the RO 15450.

Although if there’s any, i got a few months ago an AP RO 26315 38mm chrono in grey dial. I’m considering to sell it to make way for the 15450. My wrist size is 6.25 which is rather on the smaller end.

Would appreciate to hear anyone’s thoughts. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drummer_boy is offline   Reply With Quote