View Single Post
Old 24 March 2020, 09:17 PM   #3616
McLovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
Great screenshot here. Great example of kind of what we are dealing with in terms of two sides to this whole thing. The first person seems to make an unbiased observation. He may not be a doctor or a medical professional, but I think most of us would recognize a hospital in stress if we walked into one. It seems like an honest observation.

Then there is the other person....who has the nickname of fake character in a 20-year old stupid comedy...who makes a strong clickbait worthy generalization based off presumably zero facts. Yet, most people react to this guy way more than the first person.

We could play an even funner game and say that Dr. Fauci was the person who made the first comment and Kim Kardashian was McLovin....and maybe 2% of people would even look at Fauci's comment.
There’s no need to be snippy. Perhaps things look different from Wisconsin, but I’m in the biggest megalopolis in the world, where the trajectory of this disease is quite evident, and a huge population is vulnerable. The latest chart shows the trajectory in the US is climbing even more steeply than was the case in Italy. Italy is a horror show right now, if you haven’t noticed. We’re not far behind. I do think some of the governors from both parties have been doing a great job out my way, and hope their efforts will flatten the curve. There’s going to be a lot of pain either way. The business community here in DC is not taking this at all lightly. It’s not possible to run a business with much of your workforce in the hospital and caring for sick family members and for kids who cannot go to school. We’re the ones agreeing with Dr. Fauci, that strong measures need to be taken to flatten the curve. But keep punching at those straw-men, amigo.