View Single Post
Old 11 October 2018, 09:50 PM   #38
marc2828
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,LV,SD43,PAMs
Quote:
Originally Posted by 116710er View Post
I like some of the designs of Panerai (and I do own one, from way back when) but after the whole PAM 318 Brooklyn Bridge "Speshul" Edition scandal...and the way they handled the fallout from that, I have a very hard time supporting Panerai in any fashion. If they had offered a REAL apology, rolled some heads (because this was worthy of it) and actually took care of their customers, that would be one thing...

...but no, to add insult to injury, not only did they sell a "Special Edition" with a movement that isn't even as nice as the fake and homage Panerais, but when they were finally shamed and pressured into offering a movement swap (with a proper one...allegedly), the customers had to pay for shipping and insurance both ways! I mean come on...they already slapped the customer's face and now they kick them in the nuts?

I don't know how anyone could support a company that would do that to their most loyal customers. Their downturn in the market is WELL DESERVED.
Just read about that...thanks for mentioning...did not know about that scandal. Other issue I heard was Panerai made cheaper new models with spring pins and snap case backs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
marc2828 is offline   Reply With Quote