View Single Post
Old 19 November 2022, 08:24 AM   #1
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
A(nother) Antique Clock Give-away

Seriously, someone has got to stop me, this hobby is almost as bad as collecting Rolexes. Sigh….

Well, I just finished another clock, it turned out EXTREMELY well I really like it and will post a thread. I impressed myself with the restoration job I did on it (pulls a muscle in his arm patting himself on the back ). Of course, that means I have to make room for my new clock in the display case, and one has to go.

I have had this for seven or eight years. I restored it so of course it is running perfectly (Pulled a muscle in the other arm patting myself on the back). It is kind of special. Let me explain the plaque.

The Chas M. Cox company was established in 1886. They were a textile company and produced all kinds of sacks, cloth, animal feed bags, even clothes. In 1936, to celebrate their 50th anniversary, they handed out these clocks, with the commemorative plaque, to all employees. These are somewhat rare, somewhere around 200 were made. Now, the clocks to the executives, the VPs and the CEO and the President etc, were much more ornate, and I hope to find one of those someday for my collection But still, I believe this was a very nice gesture to all employees. Even being somewhat rare, it is not a very valuable piece, the model is a fairly basic Telechron and MSRP at the time was around $5.95. Without the plaque, this clock would be valued around 40 or 50 dollars, the plaque raises it to maybe $70 or 80. I always found it cool that in 1936, an employee of that company received that clock as a celebration, and today, here it is in my (soon yours) display case.

It is time for someone else to enjoy it, so if you are interested in the free giveaway please put a post in this thread, say something funny, or in praise of Chewbacca, or picking on Jocke, whatever you would like to say. No international entries please (unless you would like to pay for shipping). On Sunday evening, at 7:39:35 Pacific time (or whenever I get around to it, maybe as late as Monday morning) I will do a random selection and draw the lucky winner. The only thing i ask is when you receive it you post a picture wherever it is placed in your home. It will last many many years of accurate time keeping.

Good luck!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E56F278E-4477-47DF-9590-1D212074A139.jpeg (229.1 KB, 270 views)
File Type: jpeg FB370F65-49F9-4ED6-98D0-1F2A80FE242E.jpeg (270.2 KB, 267 views)
File Type: jpeg 9CB40CC8-EC70-4C1F-A145-BCF617222EA8.jpeg (199.8 KB, 269 views)
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote