Thread: End of Crypto?
View Single Post
Old 30 November 2022, 12:46 PM   #365
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
... idiots who were then using it to trade on leverage.
(Humble apologies if i come off as a _____ here. Pretty please be cool about my bit of snarkiness here) Just wait until you learn about fractional reserve banking (with little to no reserves). Ask yourself how high leverage is that system using?

The Goal: Be as close to when currency is produced as possible. It is when the currency is at its highest buying power. The longer the currency is within the system, the less value in storage it has. That's guaranteed due to the system it exists within.

The good news is that crypto going wildly up helps add consumption to the economy, so in a sense a way to help the system create new assets. If things get desperate enough with a crashing economy, who knows where crypto will be 'valued'. In a sense, we already know where central bank currencies will be (lower in value).

jmho ymmv
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.