View Single Post
Old 8 January 2023, 07:18 AM   #4797
Doc Savage
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
Still waiting for his explanation for why it would be worse than what we have now. F1 produces awful racing, 2 or maybe 3 teams in the same ballpark and a bunch of drama. And I have yet to see an F1 driver come over and show us how it's done. So why can't F1 have more than 20 cars on a grid? I have heard arguments about certain tracks not having paddock space, garages, etc to allow for it. But efficiency, global warming, net zero, electric cars, bla bla bla. So that doesn't add up, you can't fit 4 more cars (2 teams) and all of their infrastructure in these paddocks? They are resistant because people like Toto don't want to cut up the FIA pie funds more ways.....But yada yada F1>IndyCar.
Getting a little testy, eh? Be patient. Some of us have to work.

The pit/garage space is an issue, and your "bla bla bla" response isn't a convincing refutation. But it's not the most important issue. You seem to ignore the main problem, which is space on the track during the race. The number of Indycar crashes are significant, and they are due in part to the number of cars on the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
And I have yet to see an F1 driver come over and show us how it's done.
That's because they tend to prefer driving F1. If you were given the choice of driving on historic F1 tracks around the world, from Silverstone to Monza to Monaco to Baku, et at, vs the Indycar circuit (including the boring ovals), which would you choose?

You're clearly an Indycar fan. That's great. So why all the concern about how many cars F1 has on the track? Just so you can troll F1 fans?

-Edward O. Wilson
Doc Savage is offline   Reply With Quote