View Single Post
Old 22 September 2017, 04:31 PM   #7
SearChart
TechXpert

I'm a big Lagavulin fan, especially the 16.
I love the initial peat which transfers into this lovely warm and smooth taste.

The Lagavulin 8 is a very pale coloured dram, very strong peat.
I'd say it compares to a Laphroaig 10 but with a bit more bite in the beginning and fruit after that. Just somewhat more complex, maybe not entirely worth the premium but certainly a very nice Scotch.

Laphroaig 10 is obviously a classic, hard to beat for the price. It was the first peat experience for me and I immediately fell in love.

Aberlour 10 is also one of my go-to whiskies, I love the overall softness of the taste, sweat and warm due to the sherry cask. This one is also amazing value, as it can often be had for much less than €30,-

I've tried Nikka from the barrel at a friend's place, I really needed a few drops of water, the taste is nice but over 50% alcohol just makes it harsh IMO.

Tried the Yamasaki 12 and 18 as well, both are excellent and I would compare them to a fine Highland whisky, but the prices are just insane, won't buy a bottle anytime soon.

Yeah, I like whisky

SearChart is online now   Reply With Quote