View Single Post
Old 3 October 2017, 10:34 PM   #23
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No SUBctitute View Post
Rolex advertises +2/-2. Your watch is more than double that. I would take it back to the AD and politely ask for a new watch as they did not deliver to you what was promised (a watch running +2/-2). Only a new watch delivered to you with the promised specs is acceptable.

The watch did not subsequently develop a problem under warranty after purchase, the watch was delivered to you with a problem. If Rolex isn't held to the standard promised then its QC will not get any better.
probably get flamed for this but i think of it as the watch is capable of +2/-2 not that every one will get that rate, as there are a lot of variables which causes variations. If my car is advertised as 30MPG and i get 28MPG, the car isn't broken I'm just not using it in the exact same conditions the tests were conducted in. If its close then I am happy. OP's watch did function at +2/-2 before it left the factory its just not functioning at the same rate in the real world.

Double the rate sounds a bit misleading when looking at the number of seconds in a day. Its 4 seconds per day off instead of 2 out of 86,400 seconds.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote