View Single Post
Old 4 June 2018, 03:21 AM   #22
tryptobphan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frits1980 View Post
Thank you for your reply. Yes i have a speedmaster and as instructed i did wind it till got to a clear stop. I remember winding it about 80 turns before i finaly got to the clear stop. However, right after i found out my mainspring was broken. I'm now getting a slipping sound after every 10/15 turns and getting 8/9 hours max power reserve out of it. Still have to get it serviced.

So i'm carefull with the Saxonia. I bought it to use as a pure dress watch so i'm only using it when going out at night wearing a suit so the max power reserve isnt realy important for me. 15/20 turns gives it 2/3 days power so thats perfectly ok.

I do not have a problem with the 37mm. Its a pure dress watch so for me it should be relatively small. Although it looks a bit funny for a moment when putting it on right after wearing for example my 43mm Bathyscape.

As for the strap. Its at the limit but no need to switch now. When its time to change the strap i will get the larger one. But like i said if your wrist is bigger then '7 opt for the larger strap as the standard strap wont fit you.

Its a beautiful watch and in my opinion the bang for the buck if you are looking for a pure dress watch. Its cheaper/less expensive then the calatrava and patrimony while certainly not less in terms of quality and look.
Sorry to hear about your Omega Speedmaster. Hopefully it gets fixed up soon. I love it, so I can only imagine how it feels having it not working properly.

And I think the Saxonia Thin looks really nice on your wrist. Shame about the strap, but yes, you can always get a larger size when you bring it into the AD or something next time. Good recommendation for anyone with a 7"+ wrist, too.
tryptobphan is offline   Reply With Quote