View Single Post
Old 11 January 2016, 01:44 AM   #7
DanielBFL
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
Hi Daniel. If it was serviced in 2010 (assuming what the seller told you is correct, some may say paperwork or didn't happened) and it's keeping good time would say can wait a bit longer for servicing. Rolex will probably say to service every 3-5 years, but some people wait a long longer between service intervals. My 16610 (own it since new, bought in 1995) haven't been service for about 8 years and its still keeping COSC accuracy, so haven't decided to send it for service. Latest cost and lead time of servicing by Rolex will be about $600 and 5-6 weeks of waiting (so I read); private watchmen cost might be 1/2 - 2/3 of that and probably 1-2 weeks of waiting. Hope this helps.
I see, yeah around every 7-8 years seems like a good compromize, i'll try ask the nearest AD what the price would be for it and decide based on that hahah :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe100 View Post
Send it in and get a service to fix the spring and start a new service history. I never trust what others say unless you have paperwork. Who serviced it last? Rolex or some guy? I'd have rolex do it, put it right, then you'll KNOW, have the rolex warranty, and the paperwork
It was just "some guy", yeah i wanna do it right if i end up sending it in. It's just a hassle since there's none in my country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason71 View Post
I service mine when they break.
Sounds like a plan hhaahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
Not knowing the history on it, I'd get it serviced now particularly based on the seller's statement and broken bezel. I fix my watches as necessary and not based on some time interval. This is especially true as I rotate through a fairly large collection.
Yeah might as well get it sorted now rather than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minute_man View Post
If it's within your budget, have it serviced now and start clean.
Then, as needed.
Depends on the price of it ofc, i'll contact an ad and hear what they say

Last edited by Tools; 11 January 2016 at 03:47 AM..
DanielBFL is offline   Reply With Quote