View Single Post
Old 16 June 2018, 02:06 PM   #1
richard371
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN White
Hard to find watch lovers outside of this forum.

I’ve been into watches since I was a kid. I’ve had many over the years. I can’t seem to find another human being outside of the forums that shares the same interest. I do ok and live and work in tech in SF. I have 100s of friends from IT to drs and lawyers and no one I know gives a sh%# about watches. Back a few years ago I had my friend over who is a very successful ER dr for dinner and wine and he saw my collection of 4 SS Rolex watches. He asked what those were rotating in my winder I told him and he said I’m weird. I work for a prestigious law firm and don’t see anyone wearing a nice watch. It seems no one in SF has an interest in nice watches and they all wear an Apple Watch. Sad but if I want to have a conversation with anyone here outside the forums I have to walk into an AD. The person I’m dating now asked about my Daytona and I gave them the history and what I paid for it and what it goes for now and they told me I should sell it now and invest the money.

With that said I went to Asia for work for 6 weeks recently and everyone appreciated and had nice watches. Maybe this is an American/SF thing that has no interest in watches?
richard371 is offline   Reply With Quote