View Single Post
Old 17 June 2018, 12:53 AM   #26
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
I live in SF and wear decent watches. SF is home to many high end collectors as are probably all large cities in the US.

There are enough collectors in this region that even small independents will come out to show their stuff.

Talk to your AD and let them know you want to go to any marketing events. I've met Jake from Jake's Rolex Watch Blog at a couple Panerai events over the years and you can meet local collectors for whatever tier level you're looking at.

Another option is to go with a higher end but small volume AD like Stephen Silver at Palo Alto. If you end up buying an AP, FPJ, RM, LF, etc... from them you'll probably end up at dinners with local collectors.

Check out the GTG section on this forum, people do meet in the Bay Area. I haven't been to a GTG from this forum but generally I'm able to go to maybe two or so events/year in this area.

I probably only wear a watch maybe 4-5 days a week depending on what I'm doing. If I'm going to get sweaty or something walking through town or I have to move my desk or something I'm not going to wear a Patek.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote