View Single Post
Old 13 August 2020, 07:44 PM   #23
JonaG
"TRF" Member

Watch: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutsu View Post
Did you have to go in person to make the payment with your in-laws?

I'm wondering how we might be able to do it if it has to be in person. Our grandpa is over 90 years old and with the current COVID situation I think it would be unwise to risk travelling to kansai and being around them.

I had heard rumors of there being new models released in September, potentially a new movement in the OP 39. But my main worry here is they change the dial design to something less favorable in my opinion.
We got the call that the piece was available and then I went alone and collected it and the gaisho met at the Rolex boutique.

Personally, I would probably go another route given, as you say, the COVID situation and distance to Kansai. As above, the Quark route might work for you.

Yodobashi and donki are unlikely to have the one you want. I am not sure how far from Tokyo you are but you'd think that now is probably the best chance you'll have with dramatically fewer tourists around.

Yeah, it's a real pain. Those of you in the US have no idea how lucky you got it with so many independent family run ADs where you can get lucky or simply strike up a great conversation!