View Single Post
Old 10 May 2018, 01:58 AM   #13
chris nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager135 View Post
I have three Panerai (all under 8k individually). I purchased each through a grey dealer and had almost 1-2k off MSRP on each BNIB. I think the only reason to purchase Panerai from an AD would be to source limited edition models that are difficult to find or command a higher price on the secondary market. I haven't been to too many "mom and pop" ADs who carry Panerai. Most Panerai ADs I have seen are either boutiques directly owned by the brand or the brand offered among others in large chain ADs like Tourneau. Neither really has much of an incentive to give a discount.

If you are truly buying a "grey market" piece then you're giving up the 2 year manufacturers warranty, as the booklet will not be stamped by an AD. That diminishes the watches value even more IMHO. I also look for a pre-owned that was originally purchased at least at an AD. Or, do some research and get it through a source with good AD connections and deeper discounts. There are plenty of them.

That being said, i've never been to an AD who didn't offer at least 10% off. Average is 15....some will do 20%.

Gone but not forgotten: PAM 233, PAM 1389, PAM 690, PAM 654, PAM 176, PAM 000, PAM 312, PAM 305, PAM 422, Rolex DSSD, Rolex TT Sub Bluesy
chris nyc is offline   Reply With Quote