View Single Post
Old 21 April 2024, 05:32 AM   #13
MYK
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: @kuwaitinglist
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Since my Wellendorff (actual wedding ring) is a bit small as i gained weight, in the meantime we went with the TIF silver. It doesn't tarnish much, which i know is your concern, plus silver is very easy to clean. For me it is more about comfort, and the TIF is very comfortable to wear and the weight is very reasonable too imho. You may want to reconsider silver imho.

https://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/ring...ring-GRP05652/
Looks great, but maybe a little too thick for my taste. Thank you for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BETRNSX View Post

Will check them out, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I’ve worn a platinum wedding band since the beginning. If you don’t like patina, you won’t like platinum

They look great from new or polished, but within a few weeks it takes on an almost cloudy appearance

Edit: to be clear, I like the patina
I am fine with Patina but it's the silver patina that did not appeal to me for some reason. I think I will be fine with Platinum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I have been married for more than thirty years and have several wedding rings. I wore and expensive YG one to the wedding and after for years. Then transitioned over to silver metal and bought several less expensive metal versions and like them better. My wife has several Cartier bands and goes between those and some custom ones.
Congratulations on pushing 30+, wishing you many happy years to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swils8610 View Post
I wear a heavy comfort fit 6mm platinum band and really like it. If you want something that stays shiny it’s not platinum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's fine, I actually loved a matte, almost brushed titanium from Tiffany but it had a diamond and I would rather get one without any diamonds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
David Yurman has a lot of modern and very striking rings from wedding to pinky. Maybe check them out if you have a chance. I think David and his son have a really strong pulse on modern design that fits a lot of generational taste.
thanks, will have to check them out as I heard multiple several feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeet View Post
I prefer Cartier.
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleg View Post
It depends on the grade of titanium. Some titanium tarnishes (as does platinum and tungsten carbide).

Do you not wear yellow gold or is it any gold is off the table? White gold may be an option if you can wear gold alloys.
All gold off the table unfortunately.

Thank you all, didn't expect this much feedback!

Will check out all the suggestions and revert.
Ω Speedmaster Moonwatch White
Konstantin Chaykin Joker Classic
M.A.D.1 GREEN “Lucky Clover”
SEVENFRIDAY
@KuwaitingList
MYK is online now   Reply With Quote