View Single Post
Old 12 May 2020, 11:27 PM   #38
motisingh
"TRF" Member

Wow! I didn't think this would be a thread I'd read on my first day on the forum.

So, I'm a Domino's franchisee in the UK and this thread has brought back a lot of memories.

We've been blessed to win over 120 Air Kings over the past 20 years and I've just posted in the welcome forum that my most sentimental watch is the Air King I won as a store manager.

The original story is something that we hold very close to our hearts in Domino's. For those that don't know:

The chain’s founder, Tom Monaghan, gave his highest-earning franchise owner the watch right off his wrist. In his 1986 autobiography, Pizza Tiger, Monaghan wrote, “I wore a Bulova with our Domino’s logo on its face. A franchisee asked what he had to do to get that watch from me, and I told him, ‘Turn in a twenty-thousand-dollar sales week.’ He did it.”

Since then, managers have tried to break a sales barrier record (for 4 consecutive weeks) to hit a different Rolex "level", with the reward being an Air King Domino's Rolex Watch.

Every single watch that our franchise has won has been given to the store managers and it's something we are very proud of.

I did feel like the ultimate king one day when I walked out of an awards ceremony in Vegas with 20 of them about a decade ago.

My Grandad wore my Air King from the day I won it, to the day he passed in 2015. It's something I'll always hold close to my heart.

This forum is great and thanks for being so welcoming
motisingh is offline   Reply With Quote